Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fourth of July Weekend

[Sorry folks, this is a little out of order, I know]

The fourth of July is definitely my favorite holiday! Even before last year, when Nick kissed me for the first time (not to mention his first kiss EVER) after we fell asleep watching a John Adams documentary.. I know, romantic, right? We spent all of last 4th together, from watching hot air balloons in Provo at 6 a.m. to watching Stadium of Fire fireworks up at the Y and then sitting and talking 'til 1 a.m. Anyway, we were able to do some fun things this time, too, and celebrate our first actual holiday as a married couple.. woo hoo!


Thursday, July 2
Nick happens to only work Monday through Thursday, ten hours a day, so our weekends start a little early. Jacob and Nicholas came on over and we all snacked on some pizza, visited with Nick's cousins and played video games.

Later in the evening, we headed to the SLC airport. My cousin Richard came home from his mission in England! Richard and I are two weeks apart, and all of us cousins on my dad's side have always been pretty close :) So it was fun to see him again!




Friday, July 3
Nick's parents bought us all tickets to go see the Utah Symphony up at Sundance. You get dropped off at the bottom of a huge hill and then take a nice.. or steep.. stroll up to the top. There's a gorgeous amphitheater up there and the performance was really fun. They played Star Wars, jazz, and various patriotic tunes.. it was a good time!



Friday, July 4
We actually spent the whole DAY part of the 4th running wires through conduit. If that's not a fun way to celebrate, I don't know what is! Nick always gets these really fun ideas of how he can make things better so that's what we generally spend our weekends doing :) Luckily he lets me tag along as his handy assistant!

Anyway, after that escapade, I took off to the kitchen to attempt some fun patriotic pastries. They LOOK fun, but much to my dismay, the crust was a little too thick, so they tasted kind of dry.. oh well! They made for good pictures.


After our long wiring project, we didn't have time to make it up to Kaysville to see my family, so we ended up eating dinner down here and then heading down to Springville to light off the "good stuff" with some friends much later in the evening. It was fun to just kick back and laugh with friends. Mostly just having time to spend together.. weekends are the best!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun weekend. I'm so glad my brother has a fabulous wife to humor him with his wiring and pyroness! Those tarts look tasty too...so what if they're a little dry...that's what icecream is for right?

    ReplyDelete