Wednesday, August 25, 2010
I really wish this blog had the new photo uploader thing-a-ma-jig that my photo blog has.. it takes much longer to do this. But so worth it.. look at those cute boys!
Tuesday I got to go to Thanksgiving Point's "Farm Country" with Katie and the boys. I have adorable nephews. Zekie was loving all the animals, Squeaks was thrilled to announce that none of the animals ate him, and Caleb really just wanted popcorn and the cow bench. It was really fun spending time with them.. in fact, I get to do it again tomorrow :)
Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Maybe it's just me, but I find there are times when conversations with friends go like this...
"If you swore, what would your favorite swear word be?"
"What kind of drunk do you think you'd be?"
"If you could get a tattoo, what kind would you get?"
We know we can't. Heck, we know we don't want to. But it's still fun to think about. Though it's only with a certain group of friends we have these conversations. Maybe we're just weird. Okay, we are weird.. but maybe we're the only ones who have these conversations.
Regardless, we're getting our friend temporary barcode tattoos for his birthday this weekend. That's how we roll.
Monday, August 16, 2010
I just received a phone call from my youngest brother, Nicholas (right) who is ten years old. Nick is known for his amazing sense of humor ;) He called up just now to inform me that it was National Joke Day, tell me a joke, and then wish me a "Happy Joke Day!"
Friday, August 13, 2010
I felt like I wasn't posting enough photographs. Although, this one doesn't really have to do with anything. Except explain why we're getting chubby. Because I like to bake. Actually, I like to cook. But I'm trying to better my baking. Hence, ganache covered cupcakes. Mmmm...
- we're shooting THREE weddings in two months (and already booked for one next summer).. yay!! which means we're going out and getting another new lens tomorrow. i'm SO excited!
- we met with the irs today and fixed some more of our fraud issues. in fact, they liked us so much, they decided to give us back the $1,500 they owed us. nice, huh? thank you irs! (we also bought a filing cabinet... we decided we need help in the organization department.. we seem to have more paperwork than your average newlywed couple)
- my dad is writing a book about hell.. intense, no? after all the lds books he's published, i think it's kind of fun. his agent will be sending it out to publishers within the next month or two. it's a three book series and i think it's ingenius! there's more information about it here: http://jscottsavage.blogspot.com/
- scott gets home in eight months! yay :) and erin comes home in two! yay again!
- night classes start for nick in two weeks.. no more husband at night :(
- i need a job!
- that's about it.. just trying to keep everyone updated on our not-so-exciting life :) (still re-reading hunger games, though.. the new book comes out in eleven days.. yay! go peeta.. ahem.. or gale, whatever..)
- oh! and katie gave us a basil plant! and a mint plant! i'm sooooo excited to cook with them. we named the basil plant bizil.. in memory of our old basil plant.
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Monday, August 2, 2010
This is us lately (isn't he attractive??). Mmm. Anyway, like I've said a million times before.. we're taking lots of pictures. Evidence that I need a job.. or to go to school.. or both! I figure I'd better take advantage of all this free time while I still have it. We've been averaging about 3 photoshoots a week.. and Nick comes with me to at least one or two of them. He's SO great.
Other than that we've been maintaining our regular schedule.. eating, sleeping, cleaning occasionally. We're re-reading Hunger Games and Catching Fire (I HIGHLY recommend them if you haven't read them) so that we're ready for the final book Mockingjay when it comes out this month. We pre-ordered it and we're really excited.
For those of you that HAVE read it.. are you voting for Gale or Peeta? That's one of our only disagreements in life. That and crunchy vs. creamy peanutbutter. Oh well.. keeps life interesting.
So that's our story. I'm trying to be a good and dedicated blogger. My other blog has an updated editor, so when I put up photos, it does it a lot nicer, and you can do more to them. But this one is old and I have NO idea how to update it. Lame. Did that even make sense? Lame again.
Welp, hope this was update-y enough. I'll try again soon!