Thursday, December 22, 2011

the blob

earlier this week i was feeling pretty impressed by myself. eight weeks pregnant & i hadn't thrown up once. silly, silly erica... luckily we have a very clean toilet and a nice fluffy rug that i spend a lot of quality time with.


other than living off of water and saltines (from ireland, nontheless... yum!), life is swell. we're slowly unpacking boxes, we're both working, and it still seems weird that christmas is in THREE days! we don't even have a christmas tree... not to worry, though, i'm going to make my own version later today!


we went in on tuesday for our first appointment, complete with ultrasound. i know this is silly, but on the drive over i kept thinking, "oh man, what if i'm really not pregnant? i mean, i peed on a stick, and i feel pretty nauseous, but still...". i was actually genuinely concerned, as dumb as that seems. i mean, how would you tell people? "remember how i told you i was pregnant?  yup, just kidding!!! ha ha ha... good one, huh?" d'oh!


so when they did the ultrasound, the whole time i was thinking "please find something, please find something"... and there it was! i remember seeing other people's ultrasound photos and thinking, "whatever, it's just a weird little blob. i could spill some juice and make a cooler looking blob that that..."


i was wrong!! i have the cutest tiny blob ever and i love it! that, along with the super quick heartbeat was enough to relieve my irrational fears and bring a little bit of happiness to my otherwise unhappy stomach :)


so here you go... meet, our blob!




(the photo was taken by my phone in a moving car, so it's not the most flattering photo... poor little guy)

5 comments:

  1. IT'S A PEANUT!!! I'm so EXCITED for both of you!!! I'm sorry that your not feeling so well I can relate to you. I'm now back hanging out with the toilet and trying to keep anything down. I hope that you start feeling better. I am going to take an early guess and say your having a little girl!
    Try jolly ranchers for the nausea I live off of jolly ranchers in the first trimester.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, cutest blob ever!!!! My blobs were pretty cute too though. Im still so so so excited for you guys!!!! And Im very glad your toilet is clean, it makes puking more pleasant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thats exciting that you are pregnant. I'm counting down the days till I have my baby. Oh... just a little bit of advice for the morning sickness... I took Unisom (1/2 a tablet) and 1 tablet of vitamin B6 and it kept it at bay enough for me to get my work done during the day... otherwise I would have been cradling the toilet as well. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if it makes you feel any better I had the same 'what if I am not pregnant' thoughts. unfortunately my first appointment did not include an ultrasound and they couldn't find the baby's heartbeat so it made me freak out even more! I am really happy that you had such a good first appointment! I love your cute little blob already! :) i hope you start feeling better soon! only a few more weeks of it hopefully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Barf is gross 2. How are saltines and water any different if they're from Ireland? 3. You're funny. and 4. I love your blob too. YAY!

    ReplyDelete