Sunday, June 24, 2012

35 weeks.. so fun!


How far along? 35 weeks
Total weight gain: 25 pounds
Maternity clothes? yep!
Stretch marks? nope!
Sleep: getting harder and harder to get comfortable. but once i finally do fall asleep, i'm gone.
Best moment this week: my friend baby shower yesterday was wonderful. i have the best friends :)

Miss Anything? just being comfortable ;) but it'll all be worth it, once this little stinker gets here.
Movement: pretty much all the time. especially when i lie down, listen to music, or am in the car.
Food cravings: burgers. mike slaked that craving for me last night & my dad will slake it again for me tonight... delish! :)
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope. haven't been eating too much lately... i'm not hungry as often. always thirsty, though.

Labor Signs: nope! lots of round ligament pain, which feels like short & intense charlie horses. a little cramping, but i think i've only felt a couple of braxton hicks. nothing too bad.
Symptoms: same ol' same ol'.
Belly Button in or out? haha, a little of both. nick likes to tease me about it now, because it's my one insecurity about my bloated body. luckily it's always covered up ;)
Wedding ring on or off? on.

Happy or Moody most of the time: happy!
Looking forward to: just getting stuff done! i've been working 8 hours every day, with a two hour commute. plus our car has been in the shop three times in the past week. this week we'll get it back (knock on wood) & i'm back to working part-time so i can actually get stuff done. huzzah!



also, i've already written & addressed all my thank you cards from both showers (just need to buy stamps & mail them) AND addressed all the envelopes for when we send out birth announcements. 


you have my permission to be impressed now :)


this week's goals: mail the cards. wash and hang/fold all of gray's clothes. buy a diaper bag & car seat. sew a crib skirt & valence. the last one freaks me out, but he's a baby, so he'll never know that they suck ;)


and i WILL post photos this week. i have a ton on my camera, i just need to transfer them all to the computer. that will be today's activity.


OH! and nick and i got callings in our new ward (new, as in, it didn't exist until a week ago when it was first formed). nick is assistant ward mission leader & i am the secretary in the relief society presidency. they're giving me an assistant (funny!), to take over for a few weeks after gray is born. so thoughtful! wish us luck!!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your callings! Time saver tip: You don't have to wash new baby clothing. They will spit up and poop on it within seconds of you putting it on them, and THEN you wash them:) I can help you with some sewing when I get back from Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^ She's smart. :)
    Congrats on your callings as well! Good luck!

    You are doing better than me--I think I gained 40 lbs with Lucas (He was over 8, though so... ;) You're doing great! I think Lucas was perfectly healthy and normal, but he was born at 38 weeks, so you are closer than you think. Get that carseat, girl. They won't let you take him home without one! :) SO EXCITED to see your work on your house. I'm jealous--no nursery for Lucas I got to design :( Wouldn't change having a baby in school though! I don't know how I lived my empty life before I got him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No stretch marks!?! You're so lucky! I didn't think I had any and I was so proud and then one day Jordan was like "oh, yeah you do. they're all under here at the bottom of your belly where you can't see" I was like "oh... thanks babe..." haha I'm so excited for you! Those last few weeks are killer (they were for me at least). Can't wait to see all your fun pictures!

    ReplyDelete