Sunday, January 11, 2015

Christmas with Grandpa

I do not have the words to describe how much I miss Grandma Savage. Especially around Christmas time. Her mom--my Grandma Great--was the queen of all things Christmas. She had a tiny little home, but it was bursting at the seams with Christmas. Grandma Savage wasn't quite that extreme, but she definitely loved it. She would wear Christmas sweaters all month long and always set up Christmas as soon as she could.

Grandpa still puts out a lot of the Christmas decorations, and invited us over with the kids. There were so many more than what are pictured. Things hanging from the ceiling. All the tables were covered. He even had Christmas stuffed animals for both the kids. Lizzy was fascinated with all the lights, and with Grandpa. And Gray was thrilled with all the buttons to push and motion-activated toys to activate. We will definitely do this every year.









(We went to Grandpa's house again last night and Gray could not figure out why there were no musical Christmas decorations anywhere.)

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to invoke the spirit of Grandma Savage next Christmas, so I will be able to decorate with flair! (I will also not give her a hard time for not making anymore lacey blankets!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had never seen this post. Love it. Guess I will have to do it next year at my new house with Deanna. Love your family.

    ReplyDelete