Monday, July 12, 2010

thoughts

okay, i'm having a hard time getting photos to post.. basically i hate the internet. i can manage photographs on my photo blog (thank heavens), but not this one. which is a shame.. because i have some cool photos...

- moab
- nick's birthday
- playing with friends
- our west coast road trip
- idaho family reunion
- disney world! (er.. from december.. heh)

.. and just photos in general. they're cool. be excited for them. but not too excited. because they might never come. and i don't want to let you down. (especially you, jessica...)

so because you get no photographs, here are some not-so-insightful, just-plain-random thoughts from yours truly (it's going to be a busy week, there's a lot going on in my head). if you don't want to read all of this, i've bolded the main points, for your skimming convenience. you're welcome.

- as you've noticed, i've decided not to capitalize lately. i kind of like it.

- i have a really cool husband. he encourages EVERYTHING i do, or talk about, or dream about. he doesn't question me or discourage me, he joins me and loves me and tells me i can do anything. i like him.

- he also decorates cakes. i don't know how many of you know this. we spent an hour yesterday looking through a dessert magazine.. he's gettin' really into it. i like this :)

- he's also the hardest worker ever. we seldom have "down" time. rather we have, i'm-home-from-work-what-project-can-we-work-on time. whew!

- i have two photoshoots this week.. one family and one engagement. and a maternity shot next week. in the next two months i will also be taking bridals and wedding photos. i'm loving this!

- i'm also cooking good food this week.. chicken artichoke calzones, tortilla soup (my crockpot meal while i'm out shooting), bbq-ed hamburgers w/ grilled pineapple & corn on the cob, shrimp and scallop pasta with bruschetta. yum! i love cooking! and baking! this week also holds vanilla bean cupcakes with chocolate frosting (or ganache?) and a fancy cake nick wants to try out.

- also.. i'm going to a semester of culinary school.. dun dun dunnnn!

- also.. we got pell grants. yay! yay for free money!

i think that's all i've got. that's our lives right now. we take photos, cook good food, and work on projects. who needs a job? oh that's right, me. i also need to figure out this whole getting-photos-on-my-blog thing. and not-talking-in-hyphens.

the end.

ps- we're going to epcot/universal studios/island of adventure/HARRY POTTER LAND/florida in december... ahhhh!

5 comments:

  1. I love these kind of updates because I just never know what you two are up to. I am so glad to hear that you guys got pell grants. That is wonderful news and I love that Nick is into cake decorating (i could have used his help this last week). You two are such a fun couple and I am anticipating some pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fast with the pell grants....Super duper swell newz:) Culinary school sounds like Hell's Kitchen to me. How do we access your photo blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your blog. You should post more often! :D and I can't wait for you to take my maternity photos!!! It will be very exciting... for me. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where are you going to culinary school? That's awesome! And to do it all with some free money doesn't hurt. And not having a job and focusing on the food isn't bad either. :) Glad all is well!!

    ReplyDelete