Wednesday, July 21, 2010

photographs


I feel like my whole life lately consists of taking photographs, and I love it! I've had more and more people asking me to take their photos, and I feel like I'm stepping outside my very small comfort-zone and trying new things. I've been asked to do two weddings (a week apart) in september. I'm doing bridals. I'm doing groomals. I'm even doing two maternity shots (of two very good friends).

I love this job! really. One of the couples that asked me to do their wedding in september was looking through my photos. While e-mailing back and forth with the bride, she told me her fiance said that he loved how real I made people look.. that they weren't posed or fake.. but real. SO cool. That's exactly what I'm going for. I want people to look how they really are.

Tonight I'm doing my first maternity shot.. it'll be so fun, but I'm going to be honest, I don't know what to expect. I have so many ideas running around my head. I'm excited to see them come to life.

Anyway.. feel free to go check out the photo blog. Sorry, that's definitely getting more of my attention lately than this blog. I'll work on that :) Until then, go leave some love over there!


http://ewophoto.blogspot.com

(ps- did I mention the fact that my BEST FRIEND helps me with all of my photo shoots? Nick is incredible. He holds my reflector (he knows light better than I do), gives me suggestions, goes through the photos with me. He's such a trooper, and he loves this as much as I do. I guess that's why I didn't name our photography Erica Thurman Photography.. it is definitely a team effort.)

1 comment:

  1. I've been really enjoying all the pictures you've been taking. It makes me want to get more candid shots. I am in such a rut just posing everyone. You are my new inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete