Monday, April 16, 2012

25 years

"if you want something to last forever, you should treat it differently. you shield it and protect it. you never abuse it. you don't expose it to the elements. you don't make it common or ordinary. if it ever becomes tarnished, you lovingly polish it until it gleams like new. it becomes special because you have made it so, and it grows more beautiful and precious as time goes by."
-f. burton howard


happy 25th anniversary to my amazing mom and dad :) among the words listed above, they have taught me...


- how to love and do it well
- how to laugh... at myself, at others, with others...
- that it's gross when you make out in front of your kids...
- ... especially when you're old ;)
- how to cook (that one was mostly mom, but dad did teach me how to make some mean scrambled eggs...)
- how to be best friends with your spouse, even for 25 years
- that you should love your spouse more than your kids, even when your kids get offended every time you tell them that
- to always appreciate and look out for each other
- to talk to each other about everything
- how to talk to each other about everything
- to love someone despite everything else
- that growing up is... well... NEVER necessary ;) especially when you have someone to be a goofball with


... yeah, that is just a few of them. i'm so lucky to have two incredible parents who have stuck with each other and will for eternity. love you guys, and hope hawaii is great!


... but not TOO great. you DO have to come back!




"before i married her, she had been the girl of my dreams, to use the words of a song then popular. she was my dear companion for more than two-thirds of a century, my equal before the lord, really my superior. and now, in my old age, she has again become the girl of my dreams."
-gordon b. hinckley

2 comments:

  1. I love that quote from Pres Hinckley. Happy Anniversary guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And how to make pretty dang great kids, if we do say so ourselves!

    ReplyDelete