Wednesday, August 1, 2012

ode to a forgotten to do list

every morning while i'm at work, i'm pumped to go home and get stuff done. i've gotten an early start to the day, and i'm sitting at my desk getting a ton done. i know that when i leave around noon or one, i'm going to go home and kick butt on my to do list!


then something happens.


i start driving home. it's nice to be off work. the car is warm and relaxing. i listen to some music. i drive...


then i get home and eat some lunch. mmmm. suddenly i'm full. and a little drowsy. it's nice to be home. 


and i realize that nick won't be home for, like, two more hours. i really could just take a one hour nap and then do my butt kicking for one solid hours. that would be pretty impressive. nick would be proud.


yeah, that's what i'll do.


so i set my alarm, turn on the fan, kick off my shoes and take a nice little nap.


and then suddenly nick is calling, asking me how my day went, telling me he's on his way home. and i'm really happy. but i'm really ashamed. because what did i do? i slept for two freakin' hours. and nick tells me it's okay, because i'm making a baby. 


(which apparently makes EVERYTHING okay... being lazy, forgetting things, eating randomly in the middle of the night...)


(he's a good man, that nick. that's why i'm making a little boy. we need more nicks in the world.)


anyway, this has happened consecutively for the past week. and it is why my to do list has been sorely neglected and unloved. i'm a little ashamed, but apparently not enough to hide it from the blogging world.


ps- guess what i'm about to go do...?


pps- if you guessed take a nap, you were wrong! and so was i :) i cleaned instead.

1 comment:

  1. This post brought a big smile to my face. It makes me so happy how much you love my brother. You rock Erica. So excited to see you guys and of course Grayson!!!

    ReplyDelete