Monday, July 30, 2012

40 weeks + 1 day


How far along? 40 weeks & 1 day.
Total weight gain: up 27 pounds. just pounding 'em on!
Maternity clothes? haha. yes.
Stretch marks? nope. just about made it!
Sleep: not very comfortable, but i'm tired all the time, so i usually sleep pretty well.
Best moment this week: being around family. this week was really hard, since my grandma passed away. but having the world's coolest family made it a little better, and it was nice being around to comfort each other.

Miss Anything? my grandma. 
Movement: yep :) love my squirmy little boy. not so much when i'm trying to sleep, but it still makes me smile.
Food cravings: not feeling so hungry lately, despite gaining two pounds. still eating as much fruit as i can get my hands on, though.
Anything making you queasy or sick: nope. just the usual bouts of heartburn.

Labor Signs: nothing new. i'm 2 1/2 cm dilated now.. look at me go! ;) he's not in any hurry, i guess..
Symptoms: pregnancy. (that was my answer last week, but it's still applicable...)
Belly Button in or out? out.
Wedding ring on or off? off.

Happy or Moody most of the time: happy. the past few days have been very emotional, though.
Looking forward to: just spending more time with my family this week. and having a baby. the latest he'll be here is next tuesday, so that's happy.



when i went in today, i mentioned to my doctor that my grandma's funeral is on saturday. after we were done with everything, he sat me down and talked to me about inducing me tomorrow. we talked a lot about it, and then i talked to nick about it. while it would be nice to have him so soon (the idea of meeting him tomorrow was amazing) and know for sure i could be at the funeral, i just didn't feel right about it. if i can, i'd like to have him without being induced, and without a higher chance of having a c section (i'm about as low a chance as i can be right now, but it goes up when you're induced). 


i don't know. i figure that Heavenly Father knows what's going on, and where i want to be on saturday. the rest is completely up to Him. and as my dad said, if the day my grandma is being buried, a new life is coming into the world... that would be a pretty beautiful thing.


either way, all our family is coming out here for the funeral, and we will be surrounded by the people we love. it will still be a pretty emotional week, on both extremes, but i'm so incredibly excited to meet my baby boy. 

2 comments:

  1. Andrew and I were talking and I think Gray's middle name should be Savage! Just cause that would be awesome! Seriously, it would be cool... You should do it. Have I mentioned how cool that would be? Ok, it's late and I'm weird. I love you. Your Grandma is one awesome lady. I like her a lot. She is missed and will continue to be missed, but I bet she's up there sharing the gospel and playing some card games with some strangers. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it. You are so amazing. I love how you can just be so calm about things that I would be completely panicked about. Little gray has one wonderful mommy! lucky guy. Can't wait to meet him!

    ReplyDelete