Monday, November 5, 2012

bragging

if you're not a fan of people bragging, don't read this post. but it's my blog, so i can do what i want :)

having a baby is different. awesome. but different. we don't really take naps anymore. we don't sleep in. we don't even go running together (gray is evidently NOT a fan of the jogging stroller ;)). but we do have an awesome baby to hang out with all the time, so it's definitely okay!

however, more often than i'd like to admit, gray and i spend the day in pajamas and don't get a ton accomplished. so when i do accomplish a thing or two, i feel pretty good. when i accomplish more than two things, i feel amazing. i feel like bragging!

today, i...

did three hours of accounting.
edited a photo session.
caught up on photo e-mails.
made, stored and froze chicken stock (SO easy to make, i don't know why i never had before...)
did two loads of dishes.
did a load of laundry. 
tidied the house.
got gray a high chair.
went grocery shopping.
made THE best pulled pork sandwiches and homemade bbq sauce (with my own changes).
went running.
cleaned up the kitchen (i always make a huge mess when i cook).
smooched my husband.
bathed my baby.
... and i should probably take a shower.

feel free to be impressed now :) because tomorrow, i probably won't do much. but i will vote! and go see wreck it ralph! both very important things...

ps- i should probably point out that nick is amazing, and worked all day, also went running, cleaned the jogging stroller, fixed the jogging stroller, and put our kid to bed :)

pps- i hate blog posts without photos. so here's my cute baby!


4 comments:

  1. I am VERY impressed and I love bragging posts. You go girl! And your little "pumpkin" is just perfect as can be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the new wonder woman, only a gazillion times more super! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Gray needs to brag a little if he cooperated enough to let you get all that stuff done.....or you need to brag that you got all that stuff done while taking care of a baby! Either way....amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so funny how I accomplished I feel when I get the simplest things done! The other day I managed to clean a little, get my work done, and make cookies. I felt like superwoman.

    And glad to know that teething at 3 months IS possible! I don't know if Owen is, but I don't feel as dumb for considering it.

    ReplyDelete