Wednesday, January 5, 2011

from 2010 to 2011

It's been a while since I posted, so I thought I'd give a quick update. (By the way, isn't it cool that a "while since I posted" is only a week compared to earlier last year when I didn't post for months at a time.. look at me go!).


Christmas and New Years were really fun... I love the "traditions" our little family is developing, and the time we get to spend with both our families who are so close. Due to our dead tree, Christmas came down as soon as possible this year :) As much as I LOVE decorating for Christmas, there's something equally nice about cleaning up from Christmas. Nick was really excited to just have a normal work/school schedule again (silly Nick, I know...), so it's been kind of nice getting into the normal swing of things.


We don't really set New Years resolutions... for the past little while we've been trying to make small, monthly goals that- in the long run- will get us where we want to be. A house. We were hoping for last year, but with my long unemployment, and Nick's struggles with this credit/IRS fiasco (thanks Brian ;)), it didn't happen. So we're making smaller goals to make it a reality this year. Including cutting back COMPLETELY on unnecessary spending. No fast food. No toys. No movies. Nada. At first I was a little worried.. what about dates and things like that? However, that same night, Nick set up a bunch of small toys on top of the TV by our bed, grabbed our Nerf guns and ammo, and we spent a good half hour shooting down targets and various things around the apartment. Sooooo... entertainment won't be a problem, since we both have the mentalities of children :)


The only other big change this year will be how little we see each other. With both of us in school now (both night classes) and working, our schedules are packed full. We'll see each other on the weekends, but even then, not often. Nick, for example, is working every single day this week, aside from Sunday. So yeah... it'll be good in the fact that we'll both be able to remain focused on school and work, but we might miss each other a little. Oh well, we'll always have our nerf guns...


And yes, I'm still doing the 365 days project. Although, due to our incessant sickness (we're ALMOST done being sick, I can feel it...), they've been REALLY boring photos. Like cleaning. Or smoothies. Or targets and nerf guns. Yeah. Someday they'll be more artsy, but for now that's all I've got :) I'll make sure to post the photos soon, so I don't get behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment