Sunday, July 15, 2012

38 weeks



How far along? 38 weeks
Total weight gain: down two pounds... so 25 pounds up. boo yah!
Maternity clothes? yeah
Stretch marks? nope :)
Sleep: nicer now that we have our fan running all the time. last night i had to take benadryl, and i was out ALL night. it was nice!
Best moment this week: this whole week was just fun. we got a lot done, but we also just got to spend time together, which is always good. today was fun... seeing so much family and spending time with everyone.

Miss Anything? meh. in a few weeks i will be able to move again, and i'll have a perfect little boy with me. so it's worth it :)
Movement: yep! he's running out of space, though, so i can feel ever-y-thing. love my boy, but he is pushing HARD.
Food cravings: fruit. i've eaten sooo much fruit in the past couple of weeks.
Anything making you queasy or sick: not so much. just downing lots of tums :)

Labor Signs: just braxton hicks and major pain when he pushes down. the contractions haven't hurt, but when he pushes down it hurts so bad that i double over and can't talk. the past hour or so has been especially intense.
Symptoms: same ol' same ol'
Belly Button in or out? totally out. HATE it.
Wedding ring on or off? haha... cut off. story below.

Happy or Moody most of the time: happy!
Looking forward to: having my baby :) and chocolate cupcakes on tuesday. my coworkers are throwing me a work baby shower, because they're super sweet & i love them :)



the story of my ring (with photos!) (... sorry to jessica and brenda, who are some of the only people that read my blog and have already heard the story and seen the photos!)


last night we went to an outdoor movie party of batman begins, because nick rented out our projector. it was really fun, and i never noticed i was being eaten alive by mosquitos. my body reacts really poorly to mosquitos... the bites go insane, but then 24 hours later they're usually gone.


as we were leaving around 11 p.m. i noticed that my finger was getting huge. when we got in the car, i found that i had been bitten and my finger was swelling rapidly. normally i wouldn't care, but it was swelling up around my wedding ring and was starting to really hurt.


when we got home, i took some benadryl, we put some on my finger, and i iced my finger for about 30 minutes. we were hoping it would go down just enough for me to grease my ring off. no such luck, it just got bigger and pretty soon we couldn't even turn my ring and my finger was turning colors. sad as i was, we ended up chopping it. it will be easily fixed, but i was still sad. but relieved to keep my finger ;) 


here are some pleasant photos!









4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! That is gross. I can't believe he had to bend it out that much to get it off your finger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's insane! At least you got to keep your finger. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. Are you aware that the most random things ever happen to you?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha I agree with Jess. :)

    SOOO soon!! Keep going girl, take lots of long hikes, and he'll be here before you know it! :)

    ReplyDelete