Tuesday, July 17, 2012

"here, go do this for me"

the other day i bought president monson's biography. i haven't gotten very far into it, but i'm already in awe of the man i call my prophet (not as if i wasn't before...).


i might be sharing some fun quotes from the book, but here's one i really loved, as nick and i have been trying to focus more on service.


"You develop an appreciation that Heavenly Father knows who you are and He says, 'Here, go do this for me,'" he has explained. "I always thank Him. My only regret is that I don't have more time to do the many things we are called upon to do. I work hard. I work long. I hope I work effectively, but I never feel I have exhausted what I should be doing."


seriously. one of the most amazing men ever.


a few lines down he says:


"The prayers of people are almost always answered by the actions of others."


okay, i really need to stop now. i could quote this whole book, and i'm only on page 11 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment