Wednesday, October 20, 2010

happy news!

This won't be the most visual post.. and things might sound jumbled or weird because I'm on drugs right now (though that could make things more fun, huh?), but this is still a verrry happy post!

1. I got the job! Yay! I have to wait a week for the background check to go through (which is good timing, because I couldn't work this week anyway), but I'm soooo excited to start working! The company seems really great, the pay is great, and I'm so excited to have something productive to do with ALL my time, instead of just some of it.

2. Nick got called to be the secretary of the Young Men's presidency. I'm losing an awesome primary teacher, but it's going to be such a great calling for him. He'll be great with those young men. He's not so excited for the paperwork involved, but it'll be good for him :)

3. I get to do a wedding today and the reception tomorrow, for my cousin.. congrats Steven & Tyese! And then bridals next week and another wedding in November.. my first one for someone I've never met. Look at me go!

On a not-so-happy  note.. this has been a week of sickness. I feel like (when I'm not dying) I need to deep clean our entire apartment, because everything feels gross now. On Monday I had the stomach flu and Nick had a really bad cold. Tuesday and today he's gone to work, but yesterday I stayed home, still trying to keep everything down. Today, my stomach is much better.. but now I have Nick's sore throat and cold :) Yay! Hopefully taking photos of the wedding will keep me busy and I won't even notice I'm sick.. right? Right??

Anyway, that's what's going on with the Thurman's! :) Time to go back to bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment