Sunday, November 21, 2010

day 13

[This "30 days of posts" was meant to be 30 days over the next few months, right? That's how I interpreted it...]

Day 13 is a letter to someone who has hurt you lately. I have two letters to share.

Dear Snow,

You are cold. And wet. And cold. And icy. You've hardly been on the ground, and already I have slipped on you and injured myself. I do not snowboard. I do not ski. I do not even build snowmen. You are good for nothing except sometimes a good excuse to stay indoors. Few people know how to drive in you. It is unsafe and unnerving. Please, melt forever.

Lovingly,
Erica

Dear Calories,

I hate you. You are the reason I've told my husband to kick my butt out of bed every morning to work out. Why must you come in delicious, bite-sized portions? Why must you taste rich and creamy and delicious? Why must you be here in such large quantities at this time of year? Why are you so easy to gain but so difficult to lose? I hate you.

Unlovingly,
Erica

2 comments:

  1. Dear Snow,
    You provide us fresh water, but you need to STAY in the mountains, for now...
    Dear Calories,
    If you would just CUT yourselves in half, we may stand a chance...

    ReplyDelete