Wednesday, December 8, 2010

goals

So I've been wanting to lose all the "marriage" weight I gained for a while now. It's not as much about losing the weight as it is feeling like I'm in shape. I hate not fitting into the clothes I did before we got married. I hate getting winded doing stupid little things.

As a result, my AWESOME friend Erin & I are getting up every morning and going to the gym from 6 to 7 a.m. It's been so nice to feel that burn in my muscles, feel super awake and energetic, and realize that--even though I'm in terrible shape now--I'm becoming better.

I decided to set some "weight goals", if you will. I hope to lose it all by my birthday in May.. so far so good! Here are the goals Nick & I set.. I'm kind of excited :)

-5 lbs = book (I decided on a biography about President Monson)
-10 lbs = a disney movie :)
-15 lbs = Nick told me he'd take me on a date that HE plans (yeah, kind of a big deal) ;)
-20 lbs = a dress.. just a fun spring-ish dress. I've always wanted one, but never got one.

The OTHER cool thing that's going to happen in the spring is that Nick and I are going to CHOP our hair! Yup! Nick decided to grow his hair out all winter (not long, but shaggy) and then buzz it in April. He asked me to join him, so I'm going to donate to Locks of Love.. kind of excited and MAJORLY freaked out. I haven't cut my hair past my shoulders.. ever. I kind of love my thick, wavy, evil hair.

So yeah.. that's the story :)

2 comments:

  1. Excellent idea!!! I want to lose twenty pounds by May too. Well... forty pounds but the first twenty shouldn't be too hard to lose after this baby pops out. I really like the incentives. Maybe I'll steal your idea.. and call it my own! buwhahaha! <-- evil laugh. I think you would look really pretty with shoort hair

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ate 20 cookies from the cookie bake....they were soooo delicious...but I can feel the sugar cookies hitting my thighs and I now have a ginger butt~~

    ReplyDelete