Wednesday, February 23, 2011

snowshoeing adventures

Nick and I did all manner of much needed relaxing over our three-day weekend. On Monday, though, we decided we'd been lazy enough and needed to go exert ourselves. Nick had been promising to take me snowshoeing for a while, so we finally went and I LOVED it! So much fun.


Much to my paranoia, we took the camera along.. and it managed just fine. Although we took TONS of photographs, so consider yourself warned :)



Nick getting the Camelbaks ready.. I love those things!


We got up there early enough that it was still really quiet and peaceful. And breathtakingly white...






Going down hills proved to be a little tricky...






For Jessica... see? He wears ALL his beanies like Peter Pan ;)



The snow was so high it reached the roof of a bathroom. Nick thought it would be buckets of fun to climb up and jump off. I thought it would be buckets of fun to record :)





5 comments:

  1. Poster worthy pix~~~ Looks peaceful....despite the avalanche warnings:o

    ReplyDelete
  2. you two should totally go in national geographic!!! the amazing journey over a roof! that's what they should call it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I'm finally catching up to my blog following. I'm glad I didn't miss this one. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats sooo fun! also, i just have to say... why didn't we get invited!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Peter Pan Beanie Nick. haha, that's funny. Looks like a blast!

    ReplyDelete